5) John, the ”expert” lives a very lonely existence, has a secret which can not easily be shared. Just imagine how you would feel if you were the only one who had realized the secret of flying. You would have no one to talk about it with, no one to fly with. Wouldn’t you take an interest if suddenly there was someone with an earnest desire to learn? The “expert” and the “novice” both need each other, and when the desire grows in the “novice” the “expert” appears. #poetry #poem #philosophy
4) OK, Accepting this, let’s take it a step further: Imagine there is the “expert” and the “novice”. The “expert” has knowledge of and access to every single frame of the film and everything therein. The “novice” in the field of consciousness is still confined to the limited perspective from within the story, within the film. The question I am leading up to is: How can the twain meet? #poetry #poem #philosophy
3) Here is a thought experiment John: Let’s say you are an “expert” on this consciousness thing. Let’s say you can step out of the film with ease. Doesn’t it follow that you can know each and every frame of the film as one single simultaneous existence? #poetry #poem #philosophy
2) Stepping outside the created world by posing questions like this will make the world of heroes and villains, fears and hopes fade into insignificance. This is not what a character in a film does, unless he or she desires liberation from the cycle of life and death.
But John, on the other hand, maybe there is a greater story that outshines all worldly themes, shines like the sun to a firefly.
1) John, You would like someone to state or describe exactly the nature, scope, or meaning of consciousness.
John, this is not an easy thing to do, because the mind with which we would attempt to do this is itself a child of consciousness. It would be rather like a character on the screen in a movie theatre stating or describing exactly the nature, scope, or meaning of the projector, nay, the first cause of the projector even (the cause for which there is no other cause).
A moment has come of recognition
You allowed a part of yourself to become solid and separate
and then you gently prodded with your grace
made the embers catch the fire of consciousness
in a game of hide and seek
I caught your eye
What have I got to be proud of? What have I got which is mine? I can polish, grind and expand my mental mirror until I see in it all the oceans and hills of the world, past, present and future, every story ever told, but this self of mine is still just a reflection of You. A reflection has no agency. Its Dharma is to be the entity it is a reflection of. When a reflection gets close enough, is it still . . . ?
Let me reflect just the Feet of You, and then grab hold!
All the shards of my mind are as petals for your seat, please accept it, it is all I have.
You are the Infinite, and I am your small reflection. All the things I am proud of and attached to; all the piecemeal cares and worries are the refractions and curvatures of me the small reflection of You the Infinite. The mirror is distorted, and so I get to work, polishing, polishing, grinding and straightening out, until the mind is large and shining. For mere fleeting moments the picture of You appears and the joy has no bounds.
লাজুক মনের চোরা দৃষ্টি
ভাবের আকাশে অনেক বৃষ্টি
ক্ষরা মনে প্রেমের সৃষ্টি
বাক্স ভর্তি মিষ্টি আর মিষ্টি
হা হা হা...
#revelation #poem #poetry
When the candle burns
Fire sings to wax
I am ecstasy, I am fun
I dance with the wind while you are boring, numb
Standing wax turns to fire
Filled with love
Absorbing her passion and sings back
Fire my love, you give me joy
When you dance in waves, I fly into smoke
I love you with all that I am, only if you knew
My love, be aware
If you burn me out, you are gone too
#revelation #poem #poetry