Everybody loves cookies and it was high time I made some on a stick. They are great for any occasion. Be it a baby shower, a party or just eat them at home alone (hey that’s me! :D) #cookies #recipe
125 gr powdered sugar | 1 cup
1 package vanilla sugar
350 gr flour | 2.5 cup
125 gr butter at room temperature | 1/2 cup
food coloring (optional)
extracts of your choice (optional)
sticks (pop cake or thin but thick straws)
How to make it
1. Put all the ingredients except the food coloring into a bowl and knead it thoroughly.
2. If the dough is too soft, add another tablespoon of dough. If you want to have more than one color separate dough and add food coloring and/or extracts of your choice. Knead again.
3. At this point, you can put the dough into a freezer and use it whenever needed. Otherwise, roll the dough about double the thickness of your cookie.
4. Cut out with cookie cutters, glass or any other means and place them on a baking sheet.
5. Leave enough space to be able to push cookies in when they are fresh out of the oven (see footage).
6. Bake cookies at 180 C / 355 F for 10-15 minutes. The cookies will crack lightly but shouldn’t change color.
7. As soon as you get the cookies out of the oven, take your sticks and push them into the cookie while slightly turning them. Be careful the cookies are hot, you want to use a towel/oven glove or alike.
8. Let cookies cool off and decorate to your heart’s desire!
*If you want to carry these but don’t have Styrofoam to stick it into, you can get cookie plastic bags and even close it off with some ribbon. It looks even fancier than without and protects the cookies.
You are a great chef !