I love zucchinis and köfte or meatballs. It just made sense to put them together! You should give it a shot. #recipe #foodporn
*** for some weird reason the video is double as long and totally black *** sorry for that mistake!
500 gr minced meat of your choice | 1 pound
20 gr breadcrumbs | 2-3 tablespoons
2 onions, chopped
2 tablespoons tomato paste
some vegetable oil
How to make it
1. Wash your zucchinis and cut the hard pieces off. Cut them in half (length).
2. Scoop out the core with a spoon but don’t throw away the core. You can use it in some other meal or just make scrambled eggs with them (I made a veggie wrap for example).
3. Make your meatballs by putting the minced meat, eggs, chopped onions, bread crumbs and seasoning in a bowl and knead it thoroughly.
4. Roll the meatballs so that they’ll fit into the zucchini boats. If you have too many meatballs left, prepare another zucchini (that’s what I did).
5. Prepare the sauce by pouring a little of the vegetable oil to the tomato paste, add some warm water and seasoning and mix until the paste has dissolved. Add a bit more water if it is too thick.
6. Pour sauce over the meatballs and let it drip into the boat.
7. Put into the oven and keep an eye on them. Depending on the size of the meatballs this can take 15-20 minutes (oven heat at about 170 C/340 F)
*If you want your cheese molten and not crispy, put it about 5 minutes before it is done onto the meatballs. I unintentionally made it real crispy :P