Again a simple treat from my childhood. My auntie would always make it when we were craving for something sweet and it was fun to crush those biscuits! #recipe #nostalgia
500 gr petit beurre biscuits/graham crackers | 1 lbs
125 gr margarine/butter | ½ cup
370gr sugar | 1 ¾ cup
300 ml milk | 1 ½ cup
3 tablespoon cacao
How to make it
1. Break the biscuits/crackers into smaller pieces, about the size of your thumb.
2. Prepare pan or mold of choice and lay out with stretch film.
3. Melt butter, add milk, sugar, cacao and let it cook for a few minutes. It should get a bit thicker (in the video I accidentally used a bit too much milk, that’s why it is so fluid still).
4. Add the chocolate mixture to the broken biscuits and mix it with a spoon/spatula (we don’t want you to burn). Let cool down to room temperature.
5. Put into pan and keep in the freezer for several hours.
6. Serve in thin slices. (Otherwise, it is hard to cut it anyway)
*Instead of a pan you can use a firm plastic bag and make it like a salami. It freezes faster that way.
*Feel free to mix up the recipe with nuts, chocolate chips or others.
*Instead of milk you can use heavy cream which makes it … heavier :D But the taste changes significantly. If that sounds too heavy make half milk half heavy cream.
*Before serving you can pour some molten chocolate over it.
music by www.bensound.com