As avid black tea drinkers, there are some leftover tea more often than not. So let’s use that tea for some good chocolate cake. #recipe #chocolate
250 gr sugar | 1 ¼ cups
1 package vanilla sugar
200 ml oil | a little less than 1 cup
200 ml black tea | 1 cup (room temperature)
about 350 gr flour | 3 ¼ cups
1 package baking powder
30 gr cacao | 3 tablespoons
How to make it
1. Mix the eggs, vanilla, and regular sugar until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Pour the oil into the mixture.
3. Add baking powder to the flour, stir it a bit under and start put the flour into the egg mixture.
4. Add the tea into the dough. If the dough is still very runny after adding all the flour, consider adding another tablespoon of flour.
5. Add the cacao at the end and mix it thoroughly.
6. Bake at 170 C / ca. 340 F for about 30 minutes.
*If you are not sure if your cake is done test it with a toothpick. If no dough sticks to it the cake is done.
*Because of the tea the flavor of the cake will change a bit. I actually like it the best when it has rested a few hours.
*If your tea was really strong and you are sensitive to caffeine, avoid eating this cake in the evening. But it should be an interesting alternative to coffee in the morning :D